Welcome to Sassy Moonchild!
Hi there! My name is Kristin, and welcome to my own personal site!
I’ve never been good at talking about myself. Whether it’s my emotions, my thoughts, my favorite things- I grew up with a feeling that no one really cared (and I’ve recently realized that is a trait that people obtain after living with a sociopath- I’ll probably get into that at some point!).
So what I really want to do is write all of the things I love because I’ve been learning how to break this really old thought pattern! I’ll end up expanding on a LOT of these things on this website too, and I can’t wait.
What This Site is About
My plan with this blog is to cover a lot of topics that mean a lot to me!
I LOVE crystals, and there are so many amazing crystals out there. They truly can help with emotional healing, and I really want to show others how powerful they can be.
I've been on my own spiritual journey this year, and I have learned a LOT. I know many people that are on this same path and I really want to create a place where we can all connect and learn. The Universe is amazing, and it truly has our backs. We just need to learn to listen to the signs, and be our authentic selves to really feel the energy!
I have been blogging for about 5 years now, and I am setting up a series about blogging to help teach others how to get the most out of it. Blogging is a GREAT way to create a successful career where you can be your authentic self AND help others in the process!
From time to time, I'll be making posts about some of my favorite things. My favorite books, bands, TV shows, and anything else that I love! I want to share these things with the world, and find others to connect with as well.
Some of my favorite things:
- History- specifically I love the Cleopatra and Caesar era, British history (especially around the Tudor era, but I love everything from Eleanor of Aquitaine to present day), and some other European history. I have read countless books on these topics- luckily they are pretty popular and there are PLENTY of books out there.
- Music- oh boy. I have always been a music person. I *NEED* music. It’s my stress release but it’s also just something I enjoy immensely and I get bummed if I don’t listen to anything in a long time. I’ve always gravitated towards artists that out so much meaning and emotion into their music. As a kid I loved Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, Eminem, Christina Aguilera, and a few others. As an adult, I really just stuck with LP and BB still, but I added a few others: Paramore, Ed Sheeran, and Ellie Goulding. These days, I’m pretty much solely listening to BTS, a Korean band that has changed the way I view music forever. Music truly transcends language- you can feel the emotion in their voice, you can still enjoy the beat, and if you’re really curious you can look up lyric translations (OR take it a step further and learn a new language!).
- Reading- this was always my escape growing up. Books were my solace and I absolutely couldn’t live without them. I used to keep a log of all of the books I read each year as a teen and I usually hit the 100 mark most years. It truly baffles me that more people don’t love reading! I love video games, movies, and TV shows too but there is nothing quite like reading.
- Harry Potter- I was the perfect age when Harry Potter became popular. I was in 5th grade at the time I believe, so around 11 years old. What could have been better when being introduced to Harry Potter, who was the same age?! I read the first 3 books at least 5 times a piece and eagerly awaited for the next ones to come out. The last book came out a few days after my high school graduation- what perfect timing!
- Game of Thrones- OK first, let me say that I love the books and I am hoping we get redemption in those IF we ever get the last 2 books! That ending on the show was just… ugh. So rushed. I loved the actors though, and up until that last season it was beyond amazing.
- Health- this one should be a given for those that know me personally, but it really is a big one.
Some random things about me:
- I was REALLY fluent in Spanish for several years as a teen/young adult. I had a great teacher in high school, and I was immersed in the language thanks to the job I had and because of a friendship I had during those years. I can still understand it and speak it, just not AS well!
- I’m learning Korean now. I can read it *almost* flawlessy which I feel like is a feat in itself since it’s one of the hardest languages for native English speakers to learn. I know a lot of vocab, but I haven’t been focusing on grammar/sentence structure much yet because of how crazy life has been in the last year. I’m happy as long as I can slowly keep picking up words. But I found it a lot easier to learn a 3rd language since I already know a second. I hope to teach my son all 3 languages too!
- I over-explain things a LOT. I always like to make sure that my point is coming across correctly in general, but having been in the consulting/health world for so long I’m just used to it. I have to make sure people understand everything that is going on in order for them to succeed.
- I probably use too many emojis and exclamation points when I type…
- I really prefer writing and texting to talking.
- I’m an empath. I’ll probably do quite a few posts on this topic to explain more. I’ve only really been understanding more about this in the last year or so.
- I’m an INFJ on the Myer’s Briggs test! One of the rarest personalities. It basically is 10000% correct for me so I really love knowing I’m an INFJ. Things like this can really help you to understand yourself more.
- I really love being a bright colored red head but I’m still trying to find a more natural option since I can’t tolerate the regular boxed stuff anymore. My hair is SO dark, so henna doesn’t even have much of an effect.
- I’m a cat person. Currently I have 2 cats, Charlotte and Bella (the latter is a boy- yea, I’ll explain that in another post haha). I used to work at a very high volume animal shelter and fostered so many kittehs. Especially fluffy kittens- those are my weakness!
- I really like knowing things. I was a great student when I was in school, but I felt like I didn’t really start truly learning anything until I was an adult and I could pick everything that I wanted to learn about. Totally different than memorizing facts from a book! I love learning about actors and musicians, new genres of books, history, and basically everything. I’m so glad to live in a time where we literally have a world of information at our fingertips.
Why "Sassy Moonchild"?
So “sassy” has always been an adjective that I have used for myself. I’m sarcastic and I like to think I’m funny and clever, sometimes. I first used it as a gamer ID for Xbox 360 about 10 years ago, and it stuck with me ever since. So much so that I used it in my official business name. Sassy is a part of my identity to an extent now. So basically everything I do will have some sort of sass attached to it!
Moonchild is a newer sort of nickname I’ve taken on. I first heard the term late in 2018 when RM of BTS released his newest solo mixtape called mono, and there was a song called Moonchild. RM (or Kim Namjoon, since that is his real name) has a very poetic way with words, and his lyrics really hit me, and it’s been one of my favorites ever since.
Some lyrics that really hit me (or you can listen here!):
We’re born in the moonlight
Ain’t no fantasy
Can’t breathe in the sunlight
Gotta hide your heart
We’re born to be sad, sad, sad, sad
Suffer to be glad, glad, glad, glad
C’mon y’all, moonchild, moonchild
That’s how it’s supposed to be
Yeah all this pain and all this sorrow
That’s our destiny, see?
You and my life was like this
We gotta dance in the rain
Dance in the pain
Even though we crash down
We gon dance in the plane
We need the scenery the night more than anybody
Only I could console myself, not nobody else
It’s okay to shed the tears
But don’t you tear yourself
Some definitions of Moonchild:
- From Dictionary.com: “a person born under the zodiacal sign of Cancer”
- “A Moon Child is a unique and a curious soul who is often in a daze, his or her mind is always out of this world. They live in their fantasy and refuse to come back to a harsh reality. A Moon Child don’t not always mean they are born under the Cancer zodiac sign, but they are just drawn to the moon in a way that can’t be explained. Some how they just belong on the moon, to the moon.” (source)
- “Typically referring to those born under the Star Sign Cancer, since the moon is their ruling planet.” (source)
Since I first heard the term “moon child” about 6 months ago, I felt such a connection to it and I started calling myself a moonchild. Only now do I realize that I am a *literal* moonchild though since I am a Cancer sign. Now it makes sense why the moon makes me so crazy! Seeing that only confirms that this new name is the right idea.
So thanks for joining and reading through this short intro! Please look forward to reading more, and feel free to sign up for my email list so you don’t miss a thing. I plan on writing about basically everything- parenting, modern stressors, energy healing, recipes, my favorites books, movies, and music, and SO much more.